TIM/ISSCO News Archive
(from 2007 to 2010)
General FTI news can be found here here (in French only).
- Apr 30th 2010: Marianne Santaholma's PhD thesis defense entitled
"Efficient Development of Grammars for Multilingual Rule-based Applications".
- Mar 24th 2009: MedSLT presentation at Innovact 2009.
- Dec 12th 2008: Paula Estrella successfully defended her PhD thesis entitled
"Evaluating Machine Translation in Context: Metrics and Tools".
- Nov 27th 2008: Nokia donates two N810 Internet Tablets for use on research in the MedSLT project.
- Nov 14th 2008: PhD diploma presented to former group member Bruno Cartoni
- Nov 12th 2008: IM2 review - 2 posters and a demo presented
- Oct 15th 2008: two new assistants, Johanna Gerlach and Tobias Wehrli, join the deptartment
- July 15th 2008: Prof. Pierrette Bouillon takes office as Vice-president of the FTI.
- Dec 2007: Agnes Lisowska completed her PhD thesis about
"Multimodal Interface Design for Multimodal Meeting Content Retrieval".
- Apr 2nd 2007: Maria Georgescul successfully defended her PhD thesis entitled
"Automatic Structuring of Dialogs: The Problem of Topic Segmentation" . The jury members were: Susan Armstrong (ETI, University of Geneva), Alexander Clark (Department of Computer Science, Royal Holloway University of London), Dan Cristea (Faculty of Computer Science, University of Iasi), Diane Litman (Department of Computer Science, University of Pittsburgh), Paola Merlo (Department of Linguistics, University of Geneva), Barbara Moser-Mercer (FTI, University of Geneva), Andrei Popescu-Belis (FTI, University of Geneva).