Next: A Practical Evaluation of
Up: Feature checklist for translation
Previous: TM application
Here we look at the integration of TM within the entire package.
With what other functions can the TM function interact:
- editors/word processors (list)
- DTP/programs for printing texts (list)
- database (text retrieval) tools (list)
- Does the program contain a 'translation specific' editor, i.e.
include special functions relevant for the translation task?
- if so: - How many and what kind of functions? (list)
- Special treatment of tags:
- are tags protected from being overwritten during the translation
- are tags hidden to prevent extensive screen clutter? (yes/no)
- other utilities? (yes/no)
- Is an interface for layout and printing included in the editing
Looking up words/terms in association with the translation memory:
- is it possible to look up a word/term with a hotkey (while
working in translation memory mode)?
- is it possible to transfer the translation of the word/term to
the text using a cut-and-paste facility?
- are 'known' words/terms indicated (e.g. highlighted) in the
- is it possible to call up the terminology entry of a term with a
hotkey (assuming that the entire entry isn't provided automatically when
looking up a word/term)?
- is it possible to define and then select attributes which can
be used as filters to search selectively?
- Is it possible to have known terms translated automatically
after a fuzzy match?