Next: Evaluation of Knowledge Management
Up: Second round of testing
Previous: Comments on the grammar
As can be seen, it is maybe time consuming, but otherwise fairly easy
to test a grammar checker. We have shown how it may be tested, relying
partly on its own specifications, partly on the requirements of a
specific user group.
To sum up, we have chosen the following strategy for testing a grammar
- Establish quality characteristics on the basis of the
functionality stated in the documentation of the grammar checker.
- Create a test suite corresponding to the quality characteristics
and following the principles mentioned above under Method.
- Specify quality characteristics on the basis of a requirements
analysis of a particular user group.
- Create a test suite corresponding to the user-specific quality
characteristics and following the principles mentioned above under
- Use the precison/recall measures.
We have seen that the framework model can easily be used for the
evaluation of grammar checkers. It is possible to establish measurable
quality characteristics corresponding to user requirements. The
measures of precision and recall seem well suited for this type of